The Emanuel Brotherhood is the men’s arm of the congregation. Men of all ages form this congenial group that gets together for Sunday breakfasts, throws great parties, and helps the synagogue behind the scenes in many ways. Although Brotherhood is a men’s group, women are always welcome to attend their programs. We are a Quality Club affiliate of the Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs (FJMC).
Upcoming Brotherhood Events
September 22 – Sunday breakfast and speaker program
October 8 – Brotherhood Paid-Up membership dinner
October 20 – Sunday breakfast and speaker program
Brotherhood activities include:
- Breakfast meetings with speakers are held Sunday mornings from 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m., approximately six times a year, after morning Minyan(pl. Minyanim) – The 10 Jews that form the quorum required for a full prayer service. and when fathers drop off children at the Religious School.
- A men’s Dinner with the RabbiThe spiritual leader of the synagogue..
- Yom HaShoahDay which commemorates the HolocaustHitler’s war against the Jewish people and others.. Remembrance Program with the Religious School.
- Support for Holocaust education.
- Political forums which feature candidates for statewide as well as local offices.
- Raising money for the synagogue with various activities.
- Co-sponsoring the school HanukahAn eight day holiday that celebrates the miraculous liberation of the Jewish people from the Syrian Greeks. For instructions on how to light the candles, see our How to?/What if? page Carnival with Sisterhood.
- Working with Sisterhood and Minyanaires to co-sponsore the PurimA one day holiday that joyfully celebrates the victory of the Persian Jewish community over the evil villain HamanThe villain of the Purim story who sought to execute all the Jews of Persia.. and Simchat TorahLiterally the first 5 books of the Bible also known as Humash, the Pentateuch or The Five Books of Moses. The word Torah is also used to refer to all of Jewish learning. Cafes;
- Catering: With over five years of experience, our own Saul Shemkovitz has directed our crew to provide an assortment of food delights for many Bar/Bat Mitzvah(pl. Mitzvot) – Those things which God commands us, as Jews, to do.The age at which a Jew is considered an adult in terms of religious responsibility. Bar refers to boys and Bat to girls. Bar/Bat Mitzvah is also often used to describe the service at which a young person celebrates becoming Bar/Bat Mitzvah. Saturday KiddushA prayer recited over a cup of wine that sets aside Shabbat as special. Also, a light meal at the synagogue after the Shabbat morning service.’s, Shabbat(pl. Shabbatot) – The seventh day (Saturday). According to the Torah, God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh day. Therefore, we are commanded to rest on the seventh day. Dinners and other special requests. The testimonials of many happy congregants are on file. If you would like some information on our catering services which are quite reasonably priced and absolutely delicious, send an e-mail to Saul Shemkovitz at moc.liamgnull@vokmehss.
We welcome you to join us!
CONTACT Don Miller, gro.inmulauknull@rellimnod