“Minyan” has two meanings: a daily prayer service, and the quorum required for the recitation of certain prayers. At The Emanuel Synagogue, the “minyan” quorum is ten or more adult (over the age of Bar/Bat Mitzvah) male and/or female Jews for the purpose of communal prayer.
- Every morning throughout the year there is a minyan at The Emanuel.
- The Torah portion is read on Monday and Thursday mornings and Saturday evenings.
- During fall and winter months, we hold a weekday sunset service.
- When the sunset comes at a later time in the evening, we hold our weekday evening service at 7:00 p.m.
- Kaddish (the Mourner’s Prayer) can be said to commemorate a Yahrzeit (anniversary of a death) at any of our minyanim.
Minyan times are updated weekly on our homepage. Please contact us to let us know when we can count on you for minyan, or to discuss questions of Jewish ritual!
CONTACT Ritual Director Moshe Pinchover, (860) 236-1275, email@example.com.