Adult education activities are supported by the Adult Education Fund, and are driven by our active, lay-led Adult Education Committee. Congregants are encouraged to participate in the many classes, discussions, and programs offered, and to share these experiences with friends and family. Explore areas of interest or learn something new!
- Weekly: Natalie Ziplow Study group (ongoing)with Rabbi Small, Topics include: Bible Study, Current Events, Jewish History and more.
- Bible Lunch & Learns and clergy led study sessions
- Outside speakers from organizations such as: ADL, Trinity College, UCONN and more!
- Book discussion groups
- Annual Jewish learning festivals
- Independent study, by arrangement.
- New courses offered every year.
Upcoming Adult Ed Programs:
- Sept. 8, 15, 22: Rabbi Lazowski Study Session, “King Solomon’s Kohelet”:CLICK for details
- Sun. Oct. 7, 2018: The Hasidic World with Professor Marcin Wodziński CLICK for details
- Mon. Oct. 15, 2018: Did King Solomon Really Exist? A lecture by Professor, Deena Grant; CLICK for details
- Tues. Nov. 6, 2018: A non-sensationalist look at Israel’s current state of affairs with Herb Kenion CLICK for details
Ongoing Adult Education Programs:
Thursdays Natalie Ziplow Study Group (ongoing) with Rabbi Small
Click 2018-2019 Schedule
Hebrew Club for Adults!
For adults with all levels of knowledge of modern Hebrew. Beginners welcome!
Free and open to everyone, drop in any time.
For more information e-mail Rick: [email protected]
For more information about Adult Ed programs, contact Chair: Gail Adler 860-236-1275