Social Action (B’yadeynu) Committee
The Social Action/B’Yadeynu (“in our hands”) Committee reaches out to groups in need on local, national and international levels, often partnering with other synagogue and nonprofit agencies. B’Yadenu members also have the opportunity to bring forward their own ideas and chair projects based on personal interests.
Examples of annual and ongoing projects include:
- Food collection for: Foodshare, The Anja Rosenberg Kosher Food Pantry, and The West Hartford Food Pantry.
- Annual American Red Cross blood drive
- Lillian Harris Thanksgiving Turkey Drive.
- Holiday gift distribution to Jewish soldiers overseas.
- Hebrew Home monthly Friday night Shabbat services.
- Monthly produce sorting for Foodshare.
- Partnering with JFACT to plan the State Capitol’s annual Interfaith Hunger Seder
- Donation distribution from the annual Passover Fund.
- Education to raise awareness for both local and global situations such as the Yazidi genocide project Click for information
The B’yadeynu committee is represented on the Social Justice Task Force, Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) of the Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford and actively connects with other social action committees in our community.
Lotsa Helping Hands is an online tool to create a team of volunteers to help The Emanuel’s Chesed Committee give aid to others within our community and our B’Yadeynu Committee to help with social justice projects. Click to join our Lotsa team.