We want to know what our environmentally-friendly congregants are doing to make an impact on our world. Click here to leatn what other Green Team Enthusiasts are doing! The Emanuel Green Team is looking for MORE eco-friendly stories, so please submit a short paragraph description with one picture to: Monique Faison Ross Chairperson, Green Team
Meets Tuesdays and/or Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 12:00 noon. Feel free to join us, periodically or weekly, to: deadhead the pansies, water, weed and create new areas for plantings, as well as plan for new projects. All ideas are welcome. CONTACT Sheila Fox, 860-828-3939, email@example.com, for a garden tour, and the opportunity for meaningful work!
Social Justice (B’yadeynu) Committee
The Social Action/B’Yadeynu (“in our hands”) Committee reaches out to groups in need on local, national and international levels, often partnering with other synagogue and nonprofit local agencies such as: Foodshare and Jewish Federation Association of CT (JFACT) in an effort to help those in need throughout the community. B’Yadenu members have the opportunity to bring forward their own ideas as well as chair projects based on individual interests.
Examples of current and ongoing projects include:
- Collecting food for Foodshare, The Anja Rosenberg Kosher Food Pantry, and The West Hartford Food Pantry.
- Annual blood drive for the American Red Cross (see below)
- Lillian Harris Turkey Drive for Thanksgiving.
- Sending holiday gifts to Jewish soldiers overseas.
- Monthly Friday night Shabbat services at the Hebrew Home.
- Monthly produce sorting for Foodshare.
- Partnering with JFACT in planning State Capitol’s annual Interfaith Hunger Seder
- Distributing donations from the annual Passover Fund.
- Educational events to raise awareness about situations locally and globally such as our current Yazidi genocide project. for more information click here.
The B’yadeynu committee is represented on the Jewish Community Relations Council Social Justice Task Force of the Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford, and is actively involved in connecting with other social action committees in our community.
Dec 10, 2017: Blood Drive at The Emanuel Donors Needed!
For donation appointments: redcrossblood.org enter ‘Emanuel’ or call 1-800- RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767)
Dec 12: Emanuel Synagogue
Light one Candle
Hanukkah Kick off Party!
Torah Cover Dedication Project 2017:
Torah covers and blankets available now for dedication.
Click Torah Cover Project Letter for details.
Lotsa Helping Hands is an online tool to create a team of volunteers to help The Emanuel’s Chesed Committee give aid to others within our community and our B’Yadeynu Committee to help with social justice projects. Click here to join our Lotsa team.
KIDNEY DONOR NEEDED– can you help? Click for details