- Sukkot: October 16 (Sunday evening) – Sunday, October 23, 2106/14 Tishre
- Sh’mini `Atzeret/Yizkor (Monday morning) October 24, 2016
- Simhat Torah: October 24 (Monday evening) -October 25. 2016/ 23 Tishre
- Hanukah: December 24, 2016 (Saturday evening) first candle, – January 1, 2017 / 25 Kislev-2 Tevet
- Purim: March 11 (Saturday evening) – 12, 2017 / 14 Adar
- Pesach: First Seder April 10 (Monday evening), 2017, – April 18 2017 / 14-22 Nisan
- Shavuot: May 30 (Tuesday evening) – 31, 2017 / 6-7 Sivan3
All holidays begin in the evening.
Our holiday services feature traditional liturgy with a warm participatory tone. Congregants take an active part alongside our rabbi, cantor and Ritual Director. Congregants read Torah, chant Haftarah, and lead portions of the service as sh’lihei tzibbur (prayer leaders). On Simhat Torah night, all ages join in dancing with the Torah scrolls during the seven Hakafot. A whole cadre of people read Megilah on Purim and adults as well as children dress in the spirit of the holiday.
We welcome lay participation in our services! Please contact Moshe Pinchover if you would like an aliya, to read Torah, Haftarah or Megilah, or have any other honor. If you would like to give a D’var Torah, contact Rabbi Small.
CONTACT Ritual Director Moshe Pinchover, (860) 236-1275, email@example.com or Rabbi Small, (860) 236-1275, firstname.lastname@example.org