For Shabbat Service times, click here.
Friday evening, Erev Shabbat:
- An intimate sunset service in the Chapel.
- On the third Friday of each month, The Emanuel members conduct Friday Evening Services at Hebrew Health Care. for more information, contact Pamela Garry email@example.com
- Shabbat Under the Stars: An outdoor, musical service in the Siegal Garden is held several times a year, accompanied by a Shabbat dinner or oneg (reception).
Shabbat Morning: Our Saturday morning service anchors our prayer week. Children, including children with special needs, are welcome in the main service as participants or as leaders.
- Our Saturday morning services, led by our clergy begins at 9:00 am.
- Shabbat morning services include Shacharit, Torah service a sermon and Musaf.
- A Learner’s Service for adults meets monthly at 9:30 a.m. in the chapel. Click here for the schedule.
- Children under Bar/Bat Mitzvah age are invited onto the bimah at the close of services, approximately 11:50 am, for Adon Olam, Kiddush (blessing the wine), N’tilat Yadayim (hand washing), and Motzi (blessing the bread)
- Every month, youth services for all ages are offered. For a schedule, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-233-2774.
We are happy to celebrate special occasions – birthdays, anniversaries, trips to Israel, etc. – with an aliya to the Torah! Please contact us to arrange this.
If you would like to chant Torah, Haftarah or have an Aliyah to the Torah, contact Ritual Director Moshe Pinchover (860) 236-1275, email@example.com
If you would like a part in the service, contact Hazzan Sanford Cohn, (860) 236-1275, firstname.lastname@example.org
Every week, at approximately noontime, we gather for Kiddush as a congregation. Usually, lunch is served as a buffet and there is open seating. Everyone is invited! If you would like to sponsor a Kiddush, please contact the office, 860-236-1275.
For services especially geared to children and families, click here to see our section on Youth and Family Services.
Shabbat Afternoon/Saturday Evening
Mincha: We offer an afternoon Mincha Service. Several times during the year, special classes are offered preceding Mincha.
Havdalah and Maariv: Every Saturday evening, the Maariv Service is recited followed by Havdalah. The congregation stands in a circle ushering out Shabbat.