The following Board Officers were
installed at our 98th Annual Meeting on June 11, 2017:
President: Elysa Graber-Lipperman (pictured, left)
1st Vice President: David Bomzer
2nd Vice President: Marsha Wolfberg
3rd Vice President: Open
Treasurer: Lisa Behan
Assistant Treasurer: Mark Luster
Secretary: Andrea Goldenberg
Assistant Secretary: Open
Chair of the Board & Life Member: Dr. Sheila Silverman
Pictured (L to R): Lisa Behan (Treasurer), David Bomzer (1st Vice President), Elysa Graber-Lipperman (President), Dr. Sheila Silverman (Chair), Marsha Wolfberg (2nd Vice President), Andrea Goldenberg (Secretary), Peter Graber-Lipperman, Mark Luster (Asst. Treasurer), Fred Spaeth, Jeff Adler, Mitch Jaffe, & Reesa Olins
(not pictured: Rona Gollob)
The Board of Trustees, consisting of twenty-seven members, generally meets at 7:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month. Meetings are open to members of the congregation. Please check with the synagogue office for any changes to the regular schedule.
For Term Ending 2018: Lisa Behan, Rona Gollob*, Peter Graber-Lipperman*, Andrea Goldenberg, Mark Luster, Kevin O’Connell, David Epstein *, Mel Simon, Danielle Weiss
For Term Ending 2019: Dr. Hilda Slivka*, David Bomzer, Dr. Louis Brown, Fay deHaas, Meyer Frankel, Susan Kurtis, Lisa Levy, Elysa Graber-Lipperman, Ken Malley
For Term Ending 2020: Jeff Adler*, Dr. Jeffrey Cohen, Amy Dembo, Mitch Jaffe*, Llyn Kaimowitz, Michael Kamins, Reesa Olins*, Monique Faison Ross, Fred Spaeth*
For information on the following synagogue arms, click each link below:
Committee chairs may be reached by calling the synagogue office 860-236-1275 or by personal email addresses below:
- Adult Education Identifies interest and needs for adult educational programs and activities and coordinates implementation professional staff. CONTACT Gail Adler, email@example.com
- Art Determines artwork to be hung at the synagogue and ensures that artwork, plaques, and other items are hung properly. CONTACT Phyllis Nova, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Board of Education Works with our Director of Education to oversee the operation of the Religious School. CONTACT Co- Chairs: Deb Goldberg, email@example.com or Carolyn Sorkin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- B’Yadeynu (Social Justice) Promotes causes of social justice, helps those in need, and reaches out to local and national communities. CONTACT Risa Davidson, email@example.com Janet Wallans, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hesed (Caring) Provides comfort and support to our Emanuel community in times of need and joy. CONTACT Gail Rappaport, email@example.com
- Cemetery In conjunction with support staff, oversees the sale and maintenance of cemetery plots and administrative issues related to cemetery operations. CONTACT: Jeff Rudolph firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chevra Kadisha (“Holy Society”) Sees to it that the bodies of Jews are protected from desecration and prepared for burial according to Halakha (Jewish law) CONTACT Faith Helene, email@example.com
- Dues and Assessments Works in conjunction with the Executive Director to adjust dues and make financial considerations for congregants. CONTACT Mark Luster firstname.lastname@example.org
- Endowment Committee Sets investment policy for Endowment Funds, oversees investments in conjunction with a professional financial planner, and promotes new funds and planned giving. CONTACT Naomi Kleinman, email@example.com
- Finance Formulates and provides oversight of the budget during the year and has responsibility for approving major expenses prior to Board of Trustees’ approval. CONTACT Amy Dembo, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraising Plans and executes all events designed to raise additional funds for the synagogue.
- Gabbai (Torah Service Assistant) Appoints, trains, and assigns congregants to be gabbayim who help with the Torah services and coordinate bimah protocol (e.g., handing out aliyot). CONTACT Joe Bacher, email@example.com
- Green Team, responsible for planning and overseeing environmental initiatives. Like to join us or have an idea to share? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- House Committee Works in conjunction with the Executive Director to oversee improvements and maintenance of the physical plant. CONTACT: Howard Smith email@example.com , or Rick Lasker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Israel Solidarity Part of the B’yadeynu Committee, this group addresses the crisis in Israel through education, advocacy, and support. CONTACT Risa Davidson, email@example.com
- Membership Works to increase membership, monitor membership satisfaction, and review lapsed or cancelled memberships.
- Music Helps Hazzan Cohn to plan musical events, including publicity and format. CONTACT Regina Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ritual Composed of congregants and advised by our rabbi and cantor, this committee establishes and maintains the religious standards of The Emanuel Synagogue and promotes the practice of living as a Conservative Jew.CONTACT Don Miller, email@example.com
- Scholarship Committee reviews and acts on requests for scholarships for USY and Jewish summer camp programs.CONTACT Jay Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Usher Recruits, trains, and assigns congregants to be of assistance during Shabbat and holiday services. CONTACT Joanne Pasternack, SAULJO66@aol.com.