The Religious School is a cornerstone of The Emanuel’s Community of Lifelong Learning. We are a leader in intergenerational programming, involving parents, grandparents and children in engaging and inspiring lifelong Jewish learning that speaks to 21st century Jews. We are committed to providing Jewish education for all children, including those with special learning needs.
Our education program includes:
- Grades K – 2 Sunday 9:00 – 12:00 noon
- Grades 3 – 7 Sundays 9:00 -12:00 noon and either Tuesday or Wednesday 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Grades 8 – 12 meet Sunday 10:30 -12:00 noon with JTConnect. Click here for a description of our high school and youth programs.
- Monthly Family Education and Family Services programs, which include parents and children
- Junior Congregation is held approximately once a month, as well as on holidays.
- A Resource Room teacher is available to meet the learning needs of all students, from those needing enrichment to those needing special help.
A Madrichim (Teen Aide) program gives teens the opportunity to be role models for younger students.
FORMS & FAQ’S
If you are new to our school, please complete a registration form and either email it or drop it off at our school office. If your family is returning, either send us the information that has changed or let us know that all your information is okay as we have it except for the new grade of your child(ren).
- Religious School Parents Handbook
- Calendar Rel School 17-18 revised
- FAQ’s: Religious School Parents
- Religious School Registration form
- Emergency Form 2017-18
Class assignments will be made on a first come – first served basis. Please note that while we will make every effort to accommodate everyone’s first choice, we also need to honor our commitment to maintain class sizes that will ensure the best possible education for all of our children. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that every child will be assigned the day that you choose. We will make every effort to keep children in the same family on the same day if that is what you request.
CONTACT: Religious School Principal Barbara Fink: firstname.lastname@example.org (860) 233-2774
Our Religious School philosophy is rooted in Family Education. We have observed that the most significant and long-lasting learning for children and parents often is achieved in the context of the family. When children see their parents study, their own study takes on a greater personal significance.
Our nationally-recognized Torat Hayim program is an innovative curriculum designed to involve the whole family in Jewish learning. Its goals are to:
- Provide a broad and deep religious education experience for our students and their parents.
- Create Jewish activities inside the home and within The Emanuel’s congregational home.
- Provide rich Shabbat experiences for the whole family.
- Facilitate pleasant, convenient parental involvement.
- Help each child’s religious education schedule fit today’s lifestyle needs.
Jewish Day School families are encouraged to be part of our Torat Hayim program by attending Parent Seminars, Family Shabbatot, and other family programs. A diverse selection of choices for family learning is offered, and includes hands-on Jewish holiday experiences, aspects of Jewish life cycle observances, trips, festive celebrations, Sunday morning workshops, and a variety of Jewish living activities.
Activities of the Religious School, particularly in its inter-generational focus, are supported in part by:
- The Kemler/Torat Hayim/ Religious School Fund
- The Parent Teacher Organization Fund
- The Director of Education’s discretionary fund
- The Davidson Art Fund
- The Turken/Weingast Family Education Fund
In addition, scholarships for Emanuel youth to participate in formal and informal youth education, including camp and trips to Israel are supported in part by:
- The Scholarship Fund
- The Youth Activities Fund