The Religious School is a cornerstone of The Emanuel’s Community of Lifelong Learning.
Our education program includes:
- Grade PreK Sunday from 9:00-12:00.
- Grades K – 2 Sunday 9:00 – 12:00 noon
- Grades 3 – 7 Sundays 9:00 -12:00 noon and either Tuesday or Wednesday 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Grades 8 – 12 meet Sunday 10:30 -12:00 noon. Click here for a description of our high school and youth programs.
- Family Education programs, which include parent and child study together, are held approximately once a month for each grade level.
- Family Services are held approximately once a month, as well as on holidays.
- Resource Room teachers are available to meet the learning needs of all students, from those needing enrichment to those needing special help.
Download the Religious School Registration Form 2016 as a Word Documenkt.
If you are new to our school, please complete a registration form and either email it or drop it off at our school office. If your family is returning, either send us the information that has changed or let us know that all your information is okay as we have it except for the new grade of your child(ren).
Class assignments will be made on a first come – first served basis. Please note that while we will make every effort to accommodate everyone’s first choice, we also need to honor our commitment to maintain class sizes that will ensure the best possible education for all of our children. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that every child will be assigned the day that you choose. We will make every effort to keep children in the same family on the same day if that is what you request.
CONTACT: Interim Religious School Principal Barbara Fink: firstname.lastname@example.org (860) 233-2774
Activities of the Religious School, particularly in its inter-generational focus, are supported in part by:
- The Kemler/Torat Hayim/ Religious School Fund
- The Parent Teacher Organization Fund
- The Director of Education’s discretionary fund
- The Davidson Art Fund
- The Turken/Weingast Family Education Fund
In addition, scholarships for Emanuel youth to participate in formal and informal youth education, including camp and trips to Israel are supported in part by:
- The Scholarship Fund
- The Youth Activities Fund