January 25, 2022, 7:00 PM
The Emanuel Synagogue B’Yadeynu committee has worked in the past with the Greater Hartford Refugee Resettlement Coalition (GHRRC) to settle a family with 5 children. The family escaped from horrifying atrocities, and it is now gratifying to see this family thrive in their new Hartford surroundings.
GHRRC is again planning to assist another refugee family. GHRRC works in conjunction with The First Church in Farmington. The resettlement of refugees requires the help of many people and involves several areas of assistance, such as:
1) Finding and/or setting up housing
2) Financial management instruction
3) Employment search assistance
4) Enrolling children in school and/ or daycare
5) Understanding our healthcare and dental care system
6) Helping find transportation and navigating our bus system
Consider assisting a refugee family who is relocating to our area! Attend a Zoom informational meeting to learn more.