L’Chayim to Life: Rabbi Shabbaton
October 1, 2021 - October 3, 2021
Add to iCal | Add to Google Calendar
Honor Yesterday, Live Today, Hope for Tomorrow
A Shabbaton Tribute to Rabbi Philip and Ruth Lazowski; Rabbi David Small and Debbie Chameides for their years of dedicated service to the greater Hartford area,
To benefit: The Emanuel Synagogue and Voices of Hope
Event Program- Click to view
Registration for in-person attendance is now closed. You may continue to register for the Livestream option only.
There is no charge to attend any of the events, but sponsorships are appreciated. CLICK NOW to register for LiveStream, and learn about sponsor opportunities.
- Pre- Registration required for in person attendance, no walk-ins due to space limitations. Those unable to attend in person may view the weekend events via Livestream; for planning purposes, your registration is encouraged.
- Unless otherwise noted, indoor capacity is capped at 200 persons. If you have already registered and are now unable to attend, please notify us, so space can be made for others to attend.
- All those attending in – person must:
- Wear a mask when indoors, per Covid-19 guidelines
- Check in for every event of the weekend. This will be held under the blue canopy off the main parking lot behind the building. As this will take additional time, please plan accordingly.
- Show proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test (within 48 hours) at check in. ***PLEASE NOTE*** If you have previously uploaded or turned into the office proof of vaccination you do NOT need to do it again.
- October 3 Book Launch no longer includes Brunch so that capacity may be increased to 350. Event still begins at 11 am with the presentation by the author.
Friday, October 1
|5:30 pm – Shabbat Babayit
Join Rabbi Small, Student Rabbi Jessica Dell’Era, Barbara Fink, and Emanuel families for songs, stories, and blessings to welcome Shabbat
6:00 pm – Minyan
8:00 pm – Evening Service with sermon by Rabbi Small
8:30 pm – Oneg Reception
Saturday, October 2
We will be honoring Holocaust Survivors during
Services, Kiddush and the evening MAIN EVENT
9:00 am – Shabbat Services (Sanctuary)
Sermon by Rabbi Lazowski
Aliyot for Rabbis, Wives, and Holocaust survivors
Misheberach for the honorees
12:15 pm- Kiddush Luncheon
Recognition of survivors and their families
6:00 pm – Mincha /Ma’ariv
7:11 pm – MAIN EVENT
Havdalah followed by program, honors and dessert reception:
Music: Cantor Risman & Zev Mamlok (Klezmer Music)
Slide Show, Speakers & Recorded Messages of Hope
from survivors and community members.
Remarks by Rabbi Small and Rabbi Lazowski
with Introduction by community and family member(s).
|Sunday, October 3
|11:00 am – Book Launch
Launch of “Into the Forest,” Ruth Lazowski’s family story of escape, with an appearance by author Rebecca Frankel, daughter of Meyer and Sheila Frankel.
Event schedule above is subject to change; check back for updates
There is no charge to attend any of the events, but sponsorships are appreciated. CLICK NOW to register for LiveStream, and learn about sponsor opportunities!
PLEASE NOTE: Deadline for ad submission is September 27, but every effort will be made to include any late ad submissions. Questions about ads, please contact Robin Landau at Voices of Hope.
For questions, contact Event Chair: Gail Adler.