Sisterhood is the women’s voice of our synagogue. The group is comprised of women of all different ages, including single, divorced, and widowed women. Some members work full time and some are stay-at-home mothers. We are affiliated with Women’s League for Conservative Judaism – the national umbrella organization for Sisterhood of Conservative synagogues – and with the Connecticut Valley Branch of Women’s League.
The variety of programs and fundraisers we sponsor include:
- Educational programs such as a speakers on holistic health, women’s health issues, and book discussions
- Cooking and baking classes – challah baking, Passover desserts
- Fundraising such as sponsoring a Cabaret Talent Show, Comedy Night, and Crafts Fairs
- Social events at the Synagogue and local theaters
5777 (2016-17) Calendar Highlights:
- 9/14/2016 – Synagogue Kitchen Shower
- 10/20/2016 – Member Reception in Sukkah
- 11/16/2016 – Paid-Up Membership Dinner
- 1/21/2017 – Sisterhood Shabbat
- 5/25/2017 – Torah Fund Dinner
We welcome you to join us!
Fay Dehaas, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860.233.3574
Debbie Mehlman, email@example.com. 860.232.2697
Reesa Olins. firstname.lastname@example.org. 860.523.9881